Friday, April 20, 2012

Maggie's Memos: The Forgotten Birthday, or How Badly I Can Guilt Trip Mama in One Post ;)

Yes, we're still here.  Seriously, I think we just need to assume we'll be MIA from the blogging world from February thru March each year.  Between all of the birthday parties and school activities, it's very hard to get Mama's attention, much less have a chance at the computer.

And speaking of the computer...Dude!  What's up with Blogger?  I knew they were changing things, but it was totally not cool to lose Picnik.com and have to learn a new Blogger format in the space of 2 days!!  Do the people who make these programs just enjoy making our lives difficult or something?!  I think the new Blogger stuff will be fine once I get used to it...I'm just having issues finding things since they're all in new places!

Anyway, enough excuses and rants for now.  As some of you might have noticed, either from reading the comments on my earlier post, or by reading Mama's "My Dolls" page on her main blog, Mama completely spaced my birthday this year.  As in...she didn't even notice she'd missed it until 10 days later...and that was only because I mentioned it!  Wow...I feel so loved.  It's not like I was ONE OF HER ORIGINAL DOLLS OR ANYTHING!!  I mean, Hayden gets a princess party, Charlie gets a dog, and I get...nada...zilch. Okay, honestly, it's not about the gifts (although those are pretty awesome, too!)  I'd just like to be REMEMBERED.

So because Mama felt completely awful (she's sooo easy to guilt trip), she did some thinking to figure out what she could do to make my birthday extra special.  She just told me that as a special birthday present, she's going to let Rachel and I go see "The Avengers" when it comes out!!!  :D  It will be an early birthday gift for Rachel, too (her birthday's on May 11th).

I can't even tell you how excited we are!!  Rachel and I loved Captain America, and Rachel really enjoyed Thor too.  I'm thinking we might need to have a marathon of origin movies before we go, just so we're up to speed with all of the Avengers.  I think we might have to borrow a few from Mama's brother.

Anyway, that's about all the news for now.  Mama's room is completely torn apart at the moment, as she was trying to juggle too many projects already and then decided to add rearranging her room and closet to the list.  So, of course, this means that OUR living space is all cluttered, since we're in the same room as Mama.  I'll be so glad when we get our new rooms and everything's back to normal!

Jenna is settling in well.  Right now she's sharing the room with Rachel and I, so we're pretty crowded.  I never thought I'd have My Little Ponies, carousel horses, and Sanrio characters in my room!  Ick!  I'll be so glad when Jenna gets her new room with Hayden.  Oh...you guys didn't know about that?  Yeah, Hayden and Jenna really hit it off...they have a lot in common and have been inseparable since Jenna moved in.  They requested to share a room, since in our new rooms there will only be enough space for 2 dolls per room, so all 3 Hathaway girls couldn't be together anymore.

Okay, we'll hopefully be on a little more often now that "birthday party season" is over, but I won't make any promises...just in case. ;)  Talk to all of you later!

No comments: