Saturday, May 25, 2013

Maggie's Memos: Cherry Picking

So apparently my fellow bloggers are completely unable to post on any sort of a regular basis, leaving it up to me, once again, to save this blog from stagnation.

I mean, sure, things have been "busy" with Mama's girls getting out of school and having company over (ugh...housework again...Mama really is a slave driver).  Still, with a little bit of discipline someone could have posted (ahem, Tess, Emma, Hayden, ahem).  If no one else does their part though, I have no choice but to be the responsible one and save you all from boredom. ;)

Anyway, we'll move on since I'm such a kind, forgiving soul. ;)  Last weekend, Mama's cherry tree was full of ripe cherries, and she asked Rachel and me if we would like to help her pick them.  Hmm, going outside, climbing trees, and eating yummy cherries...what's not to like? ;)

Here we are, ready to work!  Not sure why Rachel's not looking at the camera here... :}  

The weather's been super mild for this area, so the day was just the right temperature:  not too hot, not too cold.

 
I immediately climbed up to the highest branches I could reach.  It's been such a long time since I've climbed a tree!  It was great to be back at it. ;)

And having fresh cherries to pick made it like a scavenger hunt high in the sky.  Mama kept on mentioning that I needed to stop eating the cherries and put them in the bucket.  Huh...don't know what her problem was.  I only ate three...or four...or...well, that's beside the point. 

Rachel opted for the lower branches.  She's not a big fan of heights.  I guess she won't be flying with Thor anytime soon. ;)  It was a little awkward sharing one bucket when we were so far apart, but we managed.

"Look, Mama, no hands!"

Mama has no sense of humor.  All she did was tell me if I didn't stop goofing around, I'd have to stay on the ground.  Sheesh.

After about half an hour of picking, our bucket was full.

It was very satisfying to see that full bucket.  Best of all, Mama shared some of them with us as a thank you for our work.

The only thing that wasn't thrilling was the fact that I was forced to use a Disney Princess bucket.  *Shudder*

That's all for now.  Hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend. :)  I'll try to get my friends to post more regularly like they should.  

And don't forget, we're still waiting to get to 100 followers!  We're just two away. ;)  We're planning on having a little giveaway when we hit 100.

Laters!

Maggie

2 comments:

leah Nay said...

Whats with you & the (Shuder) PURPLE shirt.

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Don't look at me. It was Mama's idea. :{ At least it was tie-die, so it wasn't QUITE as frilly/girly. ;)

Maggie