Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Maggie's Memos: Aaaarrrggghhhh!!!!!!

No, it's not "talk like a pirate day" (and besides, that would be "Aaaarrrrr", not "Aaaarrrggghhhh"). ;)  I'm just completely frustrated here.  I hate promising things and then not following through with them.  I know I keep saying that Katie's interview is coming up, and then not doing it.  I do have good excuses, but that still doesn't make me feel better.

First, Katie got sick.  And really, she's been going back and forth for a few weeks now.  Thankfully, none of the rest of us have gotten it yet.  Yesterday, she was finally feeling like herself again.  Those of you who read Mama's blog know this because Katie posed for Mama's post yesterday. 

So now that she's finally better, can I do the interview?  Noooo, because Mama is completely freaking out about her oldest daughter's party this Saturday.  The house is a disaster area.  No, really.  It looks like a toy store exploded in the livingroom and playroom.  I think a laundry store might have exploded in the livingroom, too.  So she's all panicky now, because today she's going to be staying with Papa's grandmother all day, and Friday she's reading to her daughter's first grade class.  That leaves Wednesday and Thursday to clean things up.  Let me tell ya, we could sure use Mary Poppins and her "snap" and "Spoonful of Sugar" song to help us out here.  I tried singing the song when Mama was panicking about the house yesterday.  She didn't take it too well.

So to make a long story short, Mama has now decided that EVERYONE needs to pitch in to help with the cleaning so we can get it done on time.  Seriously?  I mean, what are we, her little servants or something?  Maybe she's getting us mixed up with the elves in "The Elves and the Shoemaker" (I know, I know, they didn't clean the house, but they did help out...and no, we're not as tiny as elves, either.  Sheesh!! So that wasn't the greatest comparison.  Picky, picky!).  All I can say is, if she asks us to clean the bathroom, she's going to have a mini revolution on her hands!

Since we'll be busy with the drudgery of household chores this week, I highly doubt we'll be doing any more posts until after the party.  Let me tell you, though, we'd better get invited to the "Dolly and Me" party after all the work we're going to be putting in to make it happen!

I guess that's about it.  Just wanted to let you know that you probably won't hear from us until next week sometime.  And can I just say, 32 followers in a matter of days?  Wow, you flatter us!  Thanks for being patient.  I'd be sending annoyed comments by now. :}

Have a good week...may you avoid housework like the plague!!!!  Too bad we can't.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the followers .. awesome .. we understand being busy and things going on around the house when you plan on blogging and spending time talking to your adoring friends .. life seems to find ways to get into the middle of it ..

Hope everyone has fun with the party and gets to find something special in the day for them ..

laters,
Marsali

Blakeney Green said...

Sorry you have to delay again. :-(

We look forward to reading it when you get a chance. Have fun at the party! :-)

Love,
The Green Girls

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Marsali and all of the Green Girls! ;) Tess here, filling in for Maggie. I felt like I should clarify something, even though Maggie will probably be annoyed.

Maggie has this habit of making Mama sound like some slave driver who forces us to do menial labor with no recognition. In reality, Mama asked us very nicely (albeit rather desperately) if we could lend a helping hand so that she could get the house ready in time for the party on Saturday. Maggie was just frustrated that her important interview was delayed again...sometimes it skews her view of things. :}

As far as the party goes, we are all looking forward to it. Mama said that we all could be there to enjoy the party. We're really excited to meet all of the new dolls (and possibly some stuffed animals) that will be in attendance. :) We'll be sure to post a big update. :D

Tess

Blakeney Green said...

Our guardian really IS a slave driver who forces us to do menial labour with no recognition!

Just kidding, Blakeney. ;-)

We understand, Tess. It's hard when you really want to do something and you have trouble finding the chance.

Love,
The Green Girls

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

What Tess? At it again? You're so sweet you have to try to make everyone happy. Meanwhile, no one is going to think I have an ounce of truth in anything I say if you keep this up! I love you for your sweetness, though. I wish I could be more like you...although it's more fun to rant!! >:}

Maggie

Blakeney Green said...

We like you exactly as you are, Maggie!

Blakeney always says there are three sides to every story: my side, your side, and the truth. (Sounds like she got it from a self-help book, but whatever.) We don't think you're being dishonest - just telling the story from your side, and that your Mama probably had her own side to the story, too.

Love,
The Green Girls

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks for the support, girls. Nice to know SOMEONE appreciates my posts. ;)

Maggie