Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Tess's Tidbits: My New Birthday Items

Hello everyone, Tess here again. :)  I had such a lovely birthday last week!  Thank you for all of the birthday wishes you sent my way. :)

 I thought you might enjoy getting a better look at my gifts, so I thought I'd take the time to share them with you today. :)

Here's my lovely Caroline.

Here she is with her book.  I've started reading it and have really enjoyed it so far.  Caroline reminds me a bit of Maggie...only less sarcastic. ;)

Here's a shot of her lovely curls...which are a bit difficult to manage, I must confess. :}  (Thanks for holding her up for the picture, Mama!)

And here are my darling Calico Critter kittens from Emma:  Angelica, Midnight, and Peppermint.  Aren't those adorable names?  I love it when the names they come with fit them. :)

This is the bedroom set that everyone got me.  Apparently, this is what it looked like in the package (they took it out so that it would fit in a doll-sized gift bag.) ;)

Here it is all set up.  I love how beautiful and dainty everything is!

This is the bed with its fancy lace coverlet.  In the background, you can see the little suitcase and two Calico Critter-sized magazines.

The vanity is so cute...it even has little bottles of lotion, perfume, nail polish, and lipstick. :)

The vanity mirror opens up and the drawer can really pull out.  Even the vanity seat opens for extra storage. 

Here's a closer look at the wardrobe.  This set came with a dress and a nightgown for a Calico Critter to wear.  You can also see the little nightstand and a picture for the wall.

The nightstand has a double-framed picture and a tiny alarm clock.

I love the wardrobe! :)

Holly decided to try out her new vanity. ;)

And Angelica seems quite comfy in the new bed.

As you can see, everything is just the right size for me to play with.  The best part is, I'll think of my special family and friends every time I use it. :)

In other news, I thought you might like to know that Mama is taking a weekend trip with Grandmama and Mimi.  She'll be leaving this Friday, and she informed us that she decided to take Emma with her this time.  As much as I would have enjoyed going, I think it's wonderful that Emma gets to go.  She hasn't been on a long trip with Mama in a long time.  I think it will be great for her to get a chance to bond with Mama again.  I've heard that Grandmama and Mimi are bringing dolls, too, so that should make the trip even more fun.  

Maggie was a bit put out that she didn't get to go.  I suppose I see her point.  She hasn't been on a big trip with Mama since two summers ago when she went to the coast.  Still, Mama has so many of us now...it stands to reason that we'll have to wait a little longer between trips so that everyone gets a chance to go somewhere.  Hopefully we'll be able to have a fun enough weekend that Maggie won't be too disappointed. :}

I suppose that's all for now, dear readers.  I hope you all have a wonderful week. :)

2 comments:

Claire said...

Ooh, you got some spectacular birthday presents! I must confess, my favorite is your Caroline doll - she's on my wish list. :) We just had a birthday around here, too (Rebecca's birthday - we got her a dog named Cooper) - I guess it's a bit of a "birthday season" on the doll blogging universe! ;)

Have a great week!

Mia

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks, Mia. Caroline is wonderful...I hope you get her too! :)

Tell Rebecca happy birthday for me. :)

Tess