Sunday, December 16, 2012

Maggie's Memos: What's Up?

Hey, you probably thought we forgot about this blog or something, right?  Well, you were wrong.  We didn't forget, we've just been hiding away in our rooms, waiting for Mama's 3 daughters to get over their fevers and colds.  None of us want to be sick for Christmas, thank you very much!

The girls have been sleeping in the living room for most of the past week, which made getting out to the computer rather difficult.  We couldn't even watch movies because the TV was out there.  It's been pretty boring around here, to say the least.

The first *gag* Literary Ladies Society meeting happened yesterday.  Not that I was there.  When they made membership optional, I decided to stay as far away from there as possible.  I'm told there's going to be a post sometime next week with the minutes from their meeting, or something like that.  Thrilling.  Just what we all wanted to read, boring minutes from a bunch of dolls sitting around dressed in fancy clothes, pretending to be characters from stuffy period dramas.  Just what you've all been waiting for, right? ;)

Anyway, I just had to mention that "The Hobbit" came to theaters this week.  Not that I got to see it or anything.  And Mama says that finances are really tight right now, so we might have to wait until it comes out on DVD.  I hate waiting that long.  I mean, there were definitely things I was frustrated with in the "Lord of the Rings" films, but overall, there were a lot of things Peter Jackson did right.  I was really looking forward to seeing this movie, and hoping that it would be awesomely epic.  I've been following all of the behind the scenes stuff on The Hobbit Blog, and a lot of it looks AMAZING.  I guess I'll have to wait for a while to see it, though.  Sigh.  Maybe a random rich relative will suddenly give Mama and Papa a million dollars or something.

Yeah, I know.  I'm delusional. ;)

I guess that's about all I have to say for now.  Just wanted to let you know that we're still around and I'm still grumpy (so what else is new?). ;)

Talk to you guys later.

P.S.  I used a lot of "justs" in this post...I gotta work on that if I ever want to be a good journalist! :{

No comments: