Saturday, August 14, 2010

Tess's Tidbits: Slumber Party!


Hi everyone! :)  This weekend I got to go with Fancy Nancy, Leisel, Jane, and Mama and her three girls to Mama's aunt's house to spend the night.  We had such a great time, and I got to meet a new friend.  Her name is Jo, and she lives with Mama's aunt.  It was so much fun getting to know her.  Here are some pics I thought you'd enjoy:
This is when we first arrived.  Leisel and Jane were so excited to be there, they were cheering!


As soon as we got there, Jo came over to welcome us to her home.  It was fun to have someone our size living there! (Jo is in the green and pink watermelon dress)

*Jo and I*
She told me she was named after Jo in "Little Women".  She's a lot calmer than that Jo, though!

 
That night, Jo and I got to stay up with Mama and her aunt to watch a big girl movie.  Fancy Nancy, Jane and Leisel had to go to bed with their girls.  We had lots of fun, but it was midnight by the time the movie got over.  I was so tired!


The next day, Jo took us outside and gave us a tour of her yard.  There are so many beautiful plants and bushes.  This spot where we took a pic is a cute little nook on the front porch.  Mama's girls like to play here because it's completely surrounded by ferns and bushes, so it's like a little playhouse.  Leisel, Jane, Jo and I had fun playing here, too.  Fancy Nancy wanted to stay inside and play with all the toys in Mama's aunt's playroom instead.


Jo with the bouquet of flowers she picked.

It was so peaceful there...I pretended I was a princess in an enchanted forest.  If Maggie had come too, she would have looked for unicorns and fairies in the ferns. :)


I had such a fun visit.  I hope we get to go back and see Jo again soon! For now though, I think I'm ready for a nap.  I'm not used to staying up that late!

No comments: