Saturday, February 11, 2012

Maggie's Memos: Yes, We're Still Alive!!

Hi guys!  I know it's been a while, but you would not believe the week we've had!!  Mama finally got over her cold, but things have still been crazy.  Now that she's better, Mama is devoting most of her time to getting the house ready for her middle daughter's birthday.  So of course, we dolls take second fiddle.  Hmmph.  

This is the first chance I've had to be on the computer in I don't know how long!  I've been having blogging withdrawals!!!  I don't think Mama realizes just how important it is for us to be on the computer regularly.

In other joyous news, said computer is being a complete pain in the rear and refusing to upload pictures...unless you want to wait for 3 years!  As a result, we only have one picture posted of Hayden's birthday (from the last weekend in January).  We might post a few more later, but we figured this would at least tide all of you over.  

Hayden really enjoyed her party.  She went for a princess theme (ick!!!), so she wore Emma's Belle dress.  There were little sparkly tiaras for the party guests (double ick!!  Seriously, do I look like the tiara type?), but thankfully there were only 6 tiaras and 7 party guests.  I very selflessly volunteered to go without. >:D  

Mama is trying to be better at acknowledging our birthdays this year.  Of course, we don't really age, so to me it's kind of a silly celebration.  But hey, I won't complain about free presents and cake! ;)  Since there are so many of us, and since Christmas is such a huge affair, Mama explained that we will only get one gift for our birthdays.  I guess that's understandable...although you should see all of the presents that her real daughters get for their birthdays!  I guess we know where her true allegiance lies! 


Hayden's present was a set of Aladdin Squinkies.  Why anyone would want that, I don't know, but apparently she was happy with them.  After she opened her present, we played a few games and then had a cupcake to celebrate (think about it...a human-sized cupcake is just about right for a doll-sized cake...if no one's greedy).  All in all, it was a nice party (if you like sparkles and pink), and Hayden was really happy.

I'm not sure how much we'll be on in the next week or so.  Everything is going to be cleaning and party central.  Mama's even making all of us clean our rooms!!  What's up with that?  It's not our party, and most of the time no one even comes in Mama's room.  I think she's just playing it safe...at our expense.  Just call me Cinderella.  Actually, please don't.  That's really disturbing.  

Hope you're all having a good weekend!  Talk to all of you later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie you are so funny, you sound just like me for Birthday and girly things .. YUCKO!!

Sorry your computer is doing so bad, we have been there before, but now we have one of the little acer computers from wal-mart and it is awesome to keep up on things, and so little to take places with you.

Guess what, my birthday this year we will be on our cruise in Bermuda, so I get a beach party or at least a ship party depending on the weather. I cannot wait. What are you wanting to do for your birthday??

Hugs,
Taryn

Claire said...

I've got to admit; we've had such a hectic week too - my blogoversary was yesterday and we were so busy that I didn't have time to celebrate! Sigh...I suppose the celebration will have to wait until next weekend.

I'm okay with sparkles and pink, as long as it isn't overdone. You're not alone, Maggie! ;)

Talk to you soon!

Mia

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Taryn! Glad to know there's another sane doll out there. ;)

Mama has an Acer laptop that works pretty well, but it's been really slow lately, too. Papa thinks we may need to re-install some programs to get things working properly again on both computers.

Wow, how cool that you get to celebrate your birthday on a cruise! I'm sure that will be awesome. :)

I'm not really sure what I want to do for my birthday...it's in April, which is a really busy time for Mama. I'll probably be lucky to get a cake and a present. ;)

Hey Mia! Sorry you didn't get to do your blogoversary on its official weekend. I totally understand, though. I guess the key is to just have fun and try not to let blogging dictate your life instead of the other way around. Not that I've exactly mastered this myself...I'm reminding me as much as I'm telling you. ;) We'll look forward to your celebration next weekend.

Have a good week!

Maggie