Monday, September 12, 2011

Maggie's Memos: A Quick Hello

Hey everyone!  I figured I'd just type up something real quick so you'd know we were still alive over here.  We have some posts in the works, but things have just not slowed down since Mama's daughters started school.  With all of the human comings and goings, it's getting harder and harder to post. 

This past week has been especially crazy because Mama has been on the computer constantly.  She sold off a bunch of her fashion dolls and other things on eBay (Good riddance!!  Now if only she'd get rid of more of the Disney ones...their sing-along nights every month are getting REALLY annoying!!), so she's had to do a lot with eBay and Paypal and USPS.com.  She has three auctions left that are ending on Wednesday, so by the end of this week things should be a little bit calmer.

So, in other news...I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAD A SISTER AND NO ONE EVEN TOLD ME!!   Hello!  Can we say incompetency in leadership here?  I mean, Mama didn't think to mention even once that I had a sister...and not just a sister, but a twin?!?  You'd think that would kind of be on the IMPORTANT INFORMATION list somewhere. 

Anyway, I'm hoping to get a chance to meet her...I guess.  I mean, she may be my twin, but she likes pink...and she's all girly.  I think it's safe to say we don't have identical personalities.  I'm sure we'll get along, though.  I mean, it's not like Tess and I are all that alike, either. :}  

Of course, the other crazy news is that Mama's eBay and Craigslist sales did really well.  Her birthday is coming up at the end of the month (she's gonna be really old, too...she's turning 30!!!!).  So it's sounding pretty likely that the newest Hathaway sister will be joining us soon.  Mama is really excited, and of course, so are Emma and Charlie.  I'm not so sure about Piper...she's still having a rough time adjusting, I think.  She's been hanging out with Mimi's doll Jo, who's here for a wig-gluing appointment with Mama.  The two of them have been almost inseparable the past few days. 

I promise we'll be back with some real posts soon, so don't give up on us! :) 

13 comments:

Claire said...

Hi, Maggie!

How interesting that you have a twin sister, especially one that's so different from you. I actually found out that Claire has a doll that looks like me on her wishlist...hm, I'll have to investigate that and see if she's related to me and if she'll ever come home.

Talk to you soon!

Mia

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Claire, thanks for commenting. :)

Hmm, so maybe I'm not the only one with a secret twin out there! ;)

Blakeney Green said...

Hey, this is Bree. :-)

Wow, another long-lost sister? Things must be pretty crazy at your house right now! I'm sure you're all feeling a lot of upheaval.

Having an unexpected sister must be a strange enough thing to discover - but a twin takes it to a whole other level!

Is there any chance your twin will be coming to live with your family?

Love,
Bree

P.S. I'm still convinced that Tess and I are distant cousins of some sort. ;-)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Bree! :) Lol, that would be cool if you and Tess were related. I'm sure she wouldn't mind having another cousin. :)

As far as Kate coming to live with us, I don't think it's likely. She's really happy there with Grandmama, and Mama starts getting overwhelmed when there are too many of us to take care of. We can be pretty high maintenance. ;) The nice thing is, we tend to see Grandmama and Mimi's dolls pretty frequently, so I'm sure Kate and I will have lots of opportunities to visit with one another.

It's funny, I guess everyone's different. I'm looking forward to seeing her, but I'm not beside myself or anything. I mean, Piper was almost frantic to see Ruthie. It's not that I'm not excited to see Kate, but I'm not worried about where I fit or who I am, now that I have a twin. It will be fun to get together and meet her, though. :)

Catch ya later!

Maggie

Carolyn said...

How mature to realize how special you are and not be worried about losing your Mom's love just because a new girl is coming. Good for you! You can teach your new sis all the ropes.
Have fun!

Blakeney Green said...

Hey, it's Bree again. :-)

I have no proof Tess and I are related, it's just we look so alike... ;-)

I think having Kate live with your grandma and getting to see her sounds like a good way of doing things. That way you'll know your sister, but life won't be too disrupted for either of you.

I'm glad you're not too freaked out about it, but I can see why you're curious. I would be too.

Love,
Bree

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hi Bama, hi Bree (again)! ;) Thanks for your comments.

Bama, I'm sure we'll have a great time together...as long as she doesn't expect me to wear pink!! :}

Bree, I completely agree. I think this is the best way to do things for both of us. I'll be sure to let all of you know how our first visit goes! :)

Maggie

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

By the way, Bama, you do realize that Mama's not my REAL mom, right? Heavens, that would be weird!! :} Mama's more like our caretaker...and the person who comes in and tells us when we need to quit whatever thing we're doing that we shouldn't be. Funny, I seem to get that message more than anyone else. :} We just call her "Mama" because Tess wanted a formal title for her, so we didn't have to call her "Hey, you with the Paypal account!!" ;)

MyLittleMegara said...

Oh, how exciting!!! I can't wait to meet Hayden! My girls just had a new arrival: a Tinkerbell doll from the Animators Collection. She and Animator Belle have really hit it off. :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hey, MyLittleMegara. By now you've probably met Hayden if you kept reading. ;)

We have a DAC Belle here and a DAC Anna and Kristoff. We don't visit with them much, but they seem okay. :) Congrats on your new additions.

Maggie

MyLittleMegara said...

Ooh I'm DYING for DAC Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff! Tell Beast'sbelle that if they ever start misbehaving, I'd be happy to take them off her hands, haha :)

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Hey, I'd send them to you in a heartbeat. (I don't know why Mama has such a thing about branching out to other types of dolls.) I think she's pretty attached to them, though.

Maggie

MyLittleMegara said...

Aww, man! lol I wouldn't take them out of a good home, though. I'm sure they're very happy. :)