Monday, January 24, 2011

Tess's Tidbits: Goodbye, Zaara!

So as those of you who read Mama's blog already know, Zaara is now in her new home with Mama's aunt.  She left Friday afternoon. 

Emma was sad to see her go...she's such a Bollywood fan! :}  We had Zaara over in our room right before she left.  Emma wanted to say goodbye and thank her again for the Shahrukh Khan poster and her little Bollywood trinket box.  Maggie and I were there, too.


"I know you'll have a great time at Mama's aunt's house," Emma assured Zaara.  "I had a wonderful time when I went there for Christmas!"

Zaara smiled.  "Thanks for the encouragement.  It's nice to know I won't be too far away."

"And even better," Emma continued excitedly, "you get to stand next to all of Mama's aunt's Hrithik Roshan posters she got for Christmas!"

"Who?" Zaara asked blankly.


"You don't know who he is either?" Emma shook her head.  "Don't worry, you will.  I think she got like 5 posters."

"Wow," Zaara said.  "I take it she's a fan?"

Emma laughed.  "Just slightly."  She leaned forward and gave Zaara an impulsive hug.  "Have a wonderful time in your new home."


"I'm sure I will," Zaara answered, returning the hug.

We heard later from Mama that Zaara had a great welcome home.  Mama and her aunt had Indian food and a Bollywood movie waiting when Zaara got there.  They had a great night together. 

In other news, Claire has officially been sold.  Mama will be boxing her up very soon.  And dear, sweet Ella only has one more day until her auction ends.  I still can't understand her decision...I probably never will.  But I've tried to support her anyway.  She's a little sad about not being with us anymore, but more than anything she's just excited.  She can't wait to see where her new home is.  Maybe she's closer to Katie in personality than I thought.

Oh, and before I forget, Belle has added some new posts to her "Belle's Bulletins" page.  I saw her typing like mad a little while ago.  Apparently, Mama got a Prince doll for her from the Disney Store and she's kind of panicking about the whole scenario. :} 


Well, I guess that's about it for news from our corner.  I suppose this could have been a "Breaking News with Maggie" post, but oh well.  I felt like posting again today for the first time in nearly a week.  It's good to be back. :)

No comments: