T: Um, yes. But I thought we were making the announcement together.
M: (stage whisper) Tess, just play along, okay? It's more interesting for our followers if we do this as a "Breaking News with Maggie" post!
T: (embarrassed) Oh, right. (clearing throat) Yes, Maggie, I do have an announcement to make. Here at Jane Austen and Unicorns, we have finally reached 60 followers!
M: Yay for us! And what are we going to do about that, Tess?
T: We have a few things planned. First, we have a special giveaway.
M: A giveaway? How exciting! May I ask what the giveaway prizes are?
T: Well, here, I've got them with me. Can you help me hold them up?
M: Sure. Okay, so it looks like we have some stencils...
T: Yes, four of them. They're Lisa Frank glittery stencils.
M: (dryly) Oh, joy. Glitter just makes everything better.
T: Some of us think it does.
M: What else do we have?
T: There's this really cute Lisa Frank kitten notepad...
M: I'm sensing a theme here, and it's not a good one!
T: Well, you might like this. It's a Mountain Dew can, just our size!
M: That's a little better. Of course, you humans know what's in these, right? CHAPSTICK!! Yummy, I'm just gonna get a nice drink of thick, nasty inedible stuff...
M: I 'm just sayin'...
T: And lastly, we'll have an autographed picture of us that your dolls can use as a poster.
M: Which is the most awesome part of this giveaway!
T: Um...we also have a trivia game planned and then a post where we ask our readers what they would like to see on our blog.
M: More Maggie posts, obviously! I don't see why we even have to ask!
T: (ignoring this answer) Of course, we can't promise we'll be able to use all of the ideas, but we'd like to get some feedback on how we're doing. I do hope to get some more "Tea with Tess" posts done (I've even got some ideas started!), and I know Maggie and Emma have some ideas as well, but we also want to hear from you, our readers! :)
M: Well, this all sounds great! What are we going to start with, Tess?
T: I thought maybe we could start with the giveaway...if you think that's a good idea.
M: Works for me. But next time, I get to pick the giveaway prizes, okay?
T: Uh...okay...as long as they're not all piratey or something.
M: (under her breath) It would even out the overly-pink giveaways this time around.
M: Nothing...on to the Giveaway Rules! Listen up, everyone!
1. To enter our giveaway, leave a comment on this post with your name (or username) and email address. We have comment moderation on, so we're the only ones who will see it (and Mama, of course).
2. You may enter the Giveaway until Friday, January 27th. On Saturday, January 28th, we will put all of the entrants' names in a hat and draw our winner.
3. If you're under 18, please get a parent's permission before entering. We will have to get your mailing address, and we want to make sure your parents are okay with that!
4. Sorry, but we'd like to keep this contest within the USA, simply because of shipping costs. We hope our out of country readers understand.
5. There will be 1 winner...all of the giveaway prizes are going to be given together.
6. The winner of the Giveaway will be notified via email and on this blog. They will have one week to respond and claim their prize. If we don't hear from them by Saturday, February 4th, then another winner will be chosen.
We hope you have fun entering the giveaway. Our trivia game should be up shortly. All participants (within the US) in the trivia game get AN EXTRA ENTRY in the giveaway. :)
This has been Breaking News with Maggie. Stay tuned for more fun. This is Maggie Wilson, signing off. (I love saying that!!)
T: (clearing throat) Ahem.
M: Oh, right. This is Maggie Wilson, and Tess Prescott, signing off. Happy, Tess?
T: Thanks, Maggie.