Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Maggie's Memos: A New Family Member and Other News!

Howdy, folks! :)  Wow, it's been a while since I've posted.  Tess has just been so long-winded, I haven't been able to get a word in edgewise!

Oww.  Note to self:  don't make comments about your best friend when she's sitting next to you, reading over your shoulder.  Especially if she has hard elbows.

So, first of all, we just got some really exciting news from Mama...there's going to be a new addition to our doll family!!! :)  Of course, those of you who follow Mama's blog already got the news, so I guess you're not surprised.  Tess and I are really excited.  Mama showed us some pics of her from this really awesome blog called The Doll Wardrobe.  Nora does a great job with it...we only hope someday our blog will be as cool as hers! :)  Anyway, they do these doll giveaway contests, and Mama entered herself and Papa, and Papa won!  Just what he's always wanted, a doll of his very own (tee hee)!! :)  Apparently, he's planning on sharing...if Mama behaves herself.  He's had waaayy too much fun teasing her about this.  ;)

Mama told us her name is Emma Grace.  Of course, Tess is thrilled, since Emma is the name of one of Jane Austen's heroines.  I think it's pretty silly to like someone just because their name is one of your favorites...

Oww!! Tess, quit that!  And don't be ridiculous!  Sorry, everyone.  Tess claims that I would like someone just because their name was Arwen...I'm so much more mature than that.  Oww!!  Okay, let's just move on!

We don't know when Emma will be here, but we're hoping she'll come in time to celebrate Christmas with us.  We'll be sure to do an official introduction when she gets here.  Ooh...it sounds like a great opportunity for "Breaking News with Maggie"!  I could call it:  "Breaking News with Maggie:  The Interview", or "Breaking News with Maggie:  All You Ever Wanted to Know About Emma".  Hmmm, maybe not that last one.  It sounds too much like a really long BBC program on a Jane Austen story.  Not saying that's bad, Tess!  Just not what I'm going for.  Oh well, I'll work on the title.

Okay, next on the agenda.  Belle has been bugging-uh, that is, asking us about doing another blog post.  What do you guys think?  Do you want to hear more from her, or should we just keep this blog for Tess and I and the occasional 18" doll ?  Not that I'm prejudiced, or anything.  :}

What do you guys think of our new header?  Tess and I are really happy with how it turned out!  Mama found this really neat video on girloftheyearstudio's channel on YouTube.  Thanks, Ali! :)  She talked about this AMAZING site called Picnik.com, where you can make photo collages and use all sorts of fun special effects.  We've included a link to the video HERE, just in case you want to check it out for yourselves.  Mama did a header for her blog and then let Tess and I make a header for our blog.  We also found a great new festive background at "The Cutest Blog on the Block" website.


 I know the header collage is right there for you to see, but I decided to include it in this post too, so that we can still enjoy it even after we change the header when Christmas is over.  :)

Here's another one we did just for fun. :)

We are officially in dresses for the Christmas season, but Mama was really nice and found me a dress that's light and comfortable.  I just pretend I'm a pioneer girl exploring on the prairie, and it's not so bad.  I wasn't too sure about the little butterfly clipee that's in my hair, but Tess really wanted me to wear it.  I didn't want to hurt her feelings or anything.  I suppose it's something I can live through.

Owww!! Tess, don't you have something else to do?

Okay, I'd better go before Tess's elbow becomes a permanent part of my rib cage...not that I really have one, but...you know what I mean!  Hope you guys are all enjoying a wonderful Christmas season!  Don't lose sight of the precious Baby in the manger in all the hustle and bustle of Christmas preparations! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure about Belle posting on your blog .. but since she asked nice and you like her guess it would be an ok thing .. I have to admit that I am glad we do not have any of them at our house .. LOL!!

And it's Christmas season be a good cheerful friend and let her post again .. what are friends for ..

Ta Ta,
Kelsyee

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Thanks for the input, Kelsyee. If it wasn't for the little counter thing at the bottom of the page, I'd think no one was reading this thing! We're probably going to have her do another post within the next week or two. I guess I can behave myself and be nice, since it is the Christmas season. :}

Maggie